Thursday, August 12, 2010

Your life matters


I recently met a lady who told me this story. She had tears in her eyes as she thanked me for making a difference in her life.

"Dr. Tonya, you don't know me but several years ago I heard you in a church services talk about medical mission work. You were getting ready to take a team somewhere and the church was praying for you. While I listened, God spoke to me very specifically to apply for the Physician Assistant program at the University of Florida. I thought it strange since I never had any inclination to do medicine. I was an art history major, content to raise my four children and attend church. But I could not deny that God had spoken. I did exactly that and now I am a PA using my skills to do medical mission work when I can. I am making a difference."

Oh that we would never grow weary and stop running the race. Tomorrow it may be someone else who is influenced by your life. You matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment