Thursday, August 26, 2010

No Looking Back

There are those days when I often wonder, "did I really hear that correctly?" I may have made a decision based upon prayer and wise counsel and then chaos erupts. I find myself doubting decisions and all anxious within my heart. My emotions are like a rollercoaster ride in a theme park--hold your breath in while you slowly ascend to the highest point and then scream like a little girl as you plummet towards the ground at breakneck speeds. Keep a strangle-hold on the safety bar as you are jerked around and upside down. Up and down, back and forth. You get the picture.

The other night after a very emotionally challenging day, I came to this conclusion. It was time to get off the rollercoaster ride. I don't have the right to look back when I believe God has given me instructions. I have to remain resolute when I make a decision. Sure, the enemy loves to make me crazy and doubt; however, it is my responsibility to stand firm and promise myself, NO LOOKING BACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment