Wednesday, September 8, 2010


The single ant may seem insignificant but when they march together it is impressive. When they work together miles of tunnels are forged--all by this tiny insect. Each one of them doing their part for the common good.

Recently I was in a church service when the pastor, who was introducing me, said, "I am so thankful we are a small part of what Dr. Tonya does." Something just didn't set right inside of me. The word small made me uncomfortable. I stood up to speak and reminded the congregation that there is no such thing as small. It takes everyone doing something to make a difference in the world. Whether it is $5.00 in a offering when you cannot afford it, a phone call to a discouraged friend, offering help to a stranger, a smile when the person in front of you is down right contrary or even determining that this day you will listen to God.

Whenever I am obedient to the Lord and I do my part--there is no SMALL THING.

No comments:

Post a Comment